Anila Kitteon

Anila Kitteon
Sniff the Daffs

Monday 24 November 2014

Childfree(dom)



After meeting, HG and I discussed in depth... well we discussed everything actually; and discovered that our morals and beliefs were very similar. Others, we have discovered and explored together, sometimes debating and having varying views.


We seemed to happily tumble into the increasingly reinforced agreement that:
* It suited us to live without kids (and they are pretty annoying, a lot of the time)
* Humans disgust us with their treatment of this precious planet
* We enjoy traveling and exploring new places/things
* We love being outdoors and enjoying the less disturbed areas (enhanced by smoking weed)
* We love lay-ins and lazy days (I used to be out of bed by 9am everyday) & being together
* We love going where we want, whenever we want
* We love having a kitty around!
* We love being carefree and impulsive
* We embrace an alternative routine and enjoy long/late nights

4am Blogging Assistant


I also knew, thru my chosen career path (initiating with studying Criminology to satisfy my curiosity about how offenders end up being such); working for:
* Social Services (including child protection)
* Residential care homes for teenagers (privately run, predominantly teenage girls)
* Youth Justice/parenting support/groups to strengthen families


...that there are enough children already living in the world, who would benefit massively from being given a loving home. {I'm familiar with the ins and outs enough to know that this is a fantasy dreamland - it's not that easy to rescue a child and things don't always go to plan or as hunky dory as one would hope}.


As more and more of the people I know continue to reproduce, and through some disgruntled parents, I have learnt not to publicise (on FB) my feelings, thoughts and views... because parents are like big grumpy mumma bears and take it as a personal insult to them/their pooping noise makers. [Hehe I am joking - I love babies, small people, pre-teens, teens, 20-eens, etc... just not 24hrs a day.] Tom and I recently agreed that it's maybe become fashionable to be SO protective of your offspring. The majority of people I know having sprogs I respect and trust to raise their little one(s) to be as planet-loving as possible...however it is said that having a child increases your 'carbon footprint' by 400% (reason #15 for not having children).

In person, many people are either understanding or curious when the topic (and my views) arise; and I can give a different reason to about 10 people. Sometimes I find myself becoming preachy - and I believe so deeply that people should simply consider not having children instead of assuming it is part of their future (societies/families/females/wanna-be dads' expectations). I read a blog this evening that explains a few of my thoughts/feelings. I felt so grateful and as if someone finally understood. The link is added below.


It's not that I don't want kids. My body has definitely craved it in the past and I would love to have a child. My reasons for having one are:
* To experience pregnancy and giving birth
* To see what/who it would look like
* To watch it grow, develop, learn and absorb into a little version of us
* To assess my skills as a parent (I've done so much training & supporting that I almost feel I know too much about how hard it is to do it 'right')
* To know that I could (atm ideally I couldn't; then contraception could be erased from my life)
* To have maternity leave (i.e paid time off)


I have many more reasons to not have children and people don't argue when I list them.

My views are long, wide and vast but I'm sleepy right now and don't wanna end up with yet another started-but-not-posted blog entry.

Thanks for stopping by :0)





READ THIS:
http://thenotmom.com/growing-older-and-growing-up-child-free/





No comments:

Post a Comment